Saturday, October 8, 2011

What I have personally learned and changed in my life because of classes at IVC

What I have personally learned and changed in my life because of classes at IVC has been multi-faceted and by that I mean, I have re-evaluated everything that I thought about recycling and even though I was proud of my efforts, I know now that they were only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to living more sustainably and I for one am glad that I have discovered this whole new world of Zero Waste.  It's not enough to recycle--the whole mindset needs to change to one of re-use and reduce more so than recycle.  But even the efforts towards recycling cannot be discounted.  I love the way I think about things now, especially when it comes to shopping; for instance, because of the state of the economy I find that I am patching my clothes and my husbands clothes more than ever.  I use to buy patches, now I don't buy anything at all and instead use scraps from other clothing that are beyond repair.  This allows me to express my creativity with the benefit of wearing clothes that no one else has.  Zero Waste is not only essential for a healthy citizenry but for many, they will find fun, profitability and enjoyment in discovering new ways to be sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment