Sunday, September 4, 2011

How I utilized the techniques

Recently, I utilized this technique on my husband to complete a bathroom remodel that we have both been delaying on over the years.  I suspect that we have delayed because we have thought of the intense labor involved without focusing on the resulting benefit.  Instead of constantly reminding him of the need to work on the bathroom I instead focused on how the remodel would benefit him.  Currently the bathroom is a shell, meaning it’s a clean slate, no tub, no sink, etc.  I reminded him how convenient and more comfortable his life would be with the bathroom remodelled, a spa tub to sit in when he muscles ached, not having to wait in line to use the bathroom when we had guests, etc..  I helped to form the images in his mind of a modern functional bathroom and exactly just how that would benefit him – with the help of the techniques used in Dale Carnegie’s book, and subtle suggestions., I have been able to ignite a desire to begin the remodel this week—we are shopping for a spa tubJ

No comments:

Post a Comment